New rear brake line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New rear brake line

Ok, I bought a new goodridge brake line from z1. When putting it on I noticed the brake line I was taking off had the rubber doubled up where the line is secured to the swingarm and the rest is covered in coiled wire. I am assuming this is an OEM line, which is discontinued for my 82 1100gl.

Do I need to put something around the new line to protect from abrasion as well or are the newer lines good to go as they are?

Thanks for your input, Parker

Slit an old rubber hose and slip it over the line where it may rub the swingarm.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I slit a short piece of 5/16 fuel line, need two pieces..

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
        I slit a short piece of 5/16 fuel line, need two pieces..
        ...and put the pieces in the clips where the old brake line was on the swingarm. Then put your new brake line through them.

(I've seen Lynn's bike.)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

If the split fuel hose around the stainless brake line is too loose or too tight in the metal swingarm clip, just simply bend the clip for a snug fit, Ted

Comment

Thanks!

I like the idea of the fuel line cover. I will pick some up when I am at ace getting new cotter pins.

Comment

Working...
            X