GS 700 E Tach doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 700 E Tach doesn't work

I have a 1985 GS 700 E. The Tach doesn't work at all I don't no were to go from here. Ive checked the wires. I have 13 volts at the hot wire. the ground is in good shape. and there are no breaks in the pulse wire. I don't know if the tach is actually broken or what. The needle moves freely. Thanks for your help.

You need to gain access to the circuit board behind the tach, there are various electronic components on the board. Probably one has burned out. Or maybe more than one has burned out. All can be replaced with new components, except for the black long one in the middle.

Comment

How do I get the trip odometer knob off, the needles (speedo and tach)? I tried to get the Trip Knob off and I Broke the face plate glass.

Comment

You don't need to take the trip knob off, I made the same mistake the first time I went in there. You only need to remove the speedo drive and a couple of screws and the white back comes off, then you can dismantle the back of the tach.

Comment

There was a NOS cluster on eBay a few weeks ago (insides only) - $169. The tach on our 700 works but only below 7k rpm or so.

Comment

Working...
          X