case guard 82 GS65O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

case guard 82 GS65O

Anyone know if this case gaurd will fit on a 1982 gs650glz? Seller lists that it will fit a gs550. Any information on where to find other case savers that will fit?

Manuf: Tour & Trail Part # 123 6010

I see pic's of case guards on many gs650 bikes on this forum. Are any of these current aftermarket items?

Comment

TX,

I dont know specifiaclly about the interchangability of the case guards. But I can say that the 650 seems to not have as many interchangable parts as the other GS models. I read something somewhere about the 650s (E, L, G) being designed by some group outside of Suzuki or something like that. SO I would say that you will need to find specific information on the interchangability of that part, rather than assuming it might fit.

I had 82 GS650G for 20+ years, didnt have to do much work on it, so dont have much expereince with the part interchangability. And it would have been a good idea to have case guards on that bike, 'cuz it did do some pavement surfing.
      http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
      Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Hi TX,

I've measured up a GS550 and GS650G frame, left side, from where those mountings would fit, centre to centre the 550 measures 235mm while the 650 measures 240mm. So given the design and quality of manufacture of the units pictures you're probably talking of perhaps widening one hole maybe 5mm to one side, worst case.

Hope that helps

Tricky

Comment

Thanks that helps alot. I definitely need the guards to protect and would also like to add forward pegs to them. I'll measure tonight just to make sure. Wish I could find some that I did not have to guess at!

Comment

Originally posted by txgs650 View Post
            Thanks that helps alot. I definitely need the guards to protect and would also like to add forward pegs to them. I'll measure tonight just to make sure. Wish I could find some that I did not have to guess at!
            Took me 6 months to find a set for mine. That's cruising the sale sites nearly everyday. I got them for $30, but they were rough...and used. I had a friend sandblast them in his shop and currently getting new tabs welded on in the shop where I work.
            I think I'm gonna prime and paint them for this season. Next winter I plan on a frame off refresh. Probably get them and the frame powercoated then.
            Be patient and persistant in looking.You'll find them somewhere.
            Larry D
            1980 GS450S
            1981 GS450S
            2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Working...
            X