relay switch need help!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

relay switch need help!!!!!!!

i pulled off the starter relayswitch because it was clicking. i called the suzuki shop and they told me that it sounded like the relay switch was bad
    .my qoestion is can i go to like lowes or home depoe and get one like it...
    or do i have to get a new on...help...

craig c.

You won't be able to get one at Lowes or Home Depot but any generic automotive starter relay oughta work. Go to NAPA and they can fix you up.

Comment

Originally posted by BillC
      You won't be able to get one at Lowes or Home Depot but any generic automotive starter relay oughta work. Go to NAPA and they can fix you up.
      i just got off the phone with the shop and the part will cost me $52.86. itold the guy i would get back with him..

craig

Comment

Are you sure that your battery is OK? Have you checked the wiring and connections?

It sounds more like a dead battery to me. I wouldn't buy a new relay until I ruled out the other possibilities.

Comment

yes, i cleanedall the connections to and from the starter and to and from the the relay switch and to the battery still the same....

craig

Comment

Check ebay I would bet you could use one off a honda or Kaw too

Comment

Craig, I replaced mine with one for a Riding lawn mower a few months ago and it has worked fine. The mounting holes even lined up perfectly. It cost around $14. Make sure that there is at least 12v to ground at the solenoid though other wise it will never work. 11.98v to ground isn't enough, it's gotta be twelve.

Comment

where is the relay located? Mine just went out yesterday on my 1100gl and I need to replace it. The starter will turn over, but not from the starter button. I checked everything and it seems to be fairly clean. Also, what kind of relay would I need to use. The lawnmower theory sounds good, but are all the relays the same, or do I need a particular one? Thanks a bunch guys, you are the best!

Comment

Working...
                X