#180 Pilot Air Jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#180 Pilot Air Jet

It is a long, sad story but someone who I had working on the carbs from my 1100E managed to lose one of the stock #180 pilot air jets from them. I am trying to take the bike back to stock--intake and exhaust. I have been able to purchase stock needles and stock main jets from Suzuki, but this pilot air jet is discontinued.

In searching the internet I have found what by appearance and description should be what I am looking for. It is listed for OEM Suzuki 80-82 GS1100. Mine is an 83 which was in most ways identical to the 82. BUT the jet in the picture is shown to be 9mm in length, and the three jets I did get back are 6mm or so in length.

The item in question is second from the bottom, B42/55 Air Jet.

I have also considered the possibility that three jets the guy returned to me aren't even from my carbs, just some he could find around the shop.

Does anyone out there have an 1100E pilot air jet they've pulled from an 83 that they could measure for length? Alternately, if anyone has one or a set of the stock 180 jets they might part with, know I am a willing buyer.
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

I believe I have one or more of the stock 180 jets (not necessarily from an '83) hanging around the bench.
    PM me your address, wait a few days, enjoy the jets.
    How many do you need?

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      I believe I have one or more of the stock 180 jets (not necessarily from an '83) hanging around the bench.
      PM me your address, wait a few days, enjoy the jets.
      How many do you need?
      Thanks, Steve. If the jet is approx 6.5 mm, then I only need one. If it is 9mm or some other length then I need to figure out exactly what length I need for my carbs. Expect my PM shortly.

Nature bats last.

Comment

If his aren't the right length Don try Sudco.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
          If his aren't the right length Don try Sudco.
          http://www.sudco.com/mikuni_aj.html#b4255
          Thanks, Billy. Actually I had already found the part number on the Sudco website, but they don't sell directly to consumers, and they have a minimum order requirement for their dealers. A local shop I inquired at said it could take them 3-4 weeks to get in an order. If I strike out everywhere else I will likely go back in that direction and check a few more places. If Steve's jet is the right length I might be spared the extra effort and the waiting.

Nature bats last.

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
            Thanks, Billy. Actually I had already found the part number on the Sudco website, but they don't sell directly to consumers, and they have a minimum order requirement for their dealers. A local shop I inquired at said it could take them 3-4 weeks to get in an order. If I strike out everywhere else I will likely go back in that direction and check a few more places. If Steve's jet is the right length I might be spared the extra effort and the waiting.
            You might be surprised if you give them a call. I know they state you have to be a dealer but I've gotten pilot screws and float seats from them before and get it in a few days. I think their minimum used to be $25. All I did was email them and got a response to give them a call and they would take my order.

Hopefully Steve's will be right for you.

Comment

I got jets last year from this place via amazon.com It was about $10 shipped and came quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Macmatic View Post
                I got jets last year from this place via amazon.com It was about $10 shipped and came quickly.

http://www.amazon.com/KN102-221-180-...6912525&sr=1-2
                Nice link there. Problem solved one way or the other.

Comment

There is more to furnishing a home than simply selecting a few pieces of furniture and positioning them in the corners. Learn about furniture here.
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Situation is now resolved.

I have the proper jet, Dpep and I have exchanged information, brass has been inserted into an envelope and placed in the mailbox.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your help. After all these years I continue to be amazed at what a resource the members of GSR provide for each other. I bought the bike on For Sale - Road-ready bikes; I got the stock carb specs on the sticky thread at start of Technical Info; I find the missing discontinued part here. Earl is going to help me put all the pieces together after I get them.

I love my quarter century old motorcycles. But without the members on this site a marginal wrencher such as myself would be without a prayer for keeping them on the road.

Nature bats last.

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                        Thanks to everyone for your help. After all these years I continue to be amazed at what a resource the members of GSR provide for each other. I bought the bike on For Sale - Road-ready bikes; I got the stock carb specs on the sticky thread at start of Technical Info; I find the missing discontinued part here. Earl is going to help me put all the pieces together after I get them.

I love my quarter century old motorcycles. But without the members on this site a marginal wrencher such as myself would be without a prayer for keeping them on the road.
                        Nice testimonial Don. We're all in this together at a certain level and it makes a lot of sense to band together (not just as bikers, but as humans). Ok, enough on that, good to see you've solved your problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X