penatrating oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

penatrating oil

I have noticed some posts on penetrating oil. I'm going to buy some now. Once I buy it, where should I put it?

PB Blaster is good stuff. What are you trying to loosen up?

Comment

Originally posted by syren View Post
      I have noticed some posts on penetrating oil. I'm going to buy some now. Once I buy it, where should I put it?
      On the part/piece that you are trying to loosen?
      Or are you talking about storage of the product, once you've used it?

I'll second the PB Blaster...makes WD40 look like a shot at the local tavern.

Comment

A screw and maybe lube up cylinders or valves. Bike has been sitting a whie

Comment

A screw and maybe lube up cylinders or valves. Bike has been sitting a whie
          You can use a teaspoon or so of Marvel Mystery oil in the cylinders and let it sit for a few days before trying to turn the engine over by hand off the right end of the crank where the ignition sits. If it cranks okay by hand then try cranking it with the plugs out to spin the motor up and get some oil circulating. After that put the plugs back in and see if it will fire. You are almost certainly going to need to go through the carbs.

Comment

Everyones favorite Sea Foam has a fast acting penatrating spray.
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Liquid Wrench is good stuff.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Do you really want a response to that?

LMAO

Comment

I'm a fan of PB Blaster too, but my friend swears by Kroil. I've seen that stuff do some amazing things on rusted nuts and bolts. I may get some next time through the auto parts store.
                  1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
                  2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
                  2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

Kroil is the best I've ever used. A bit on the expensive side but it's second to none, IMHO.

Comment

The best I have ever used is B&G In Force....it is a ion-activated penetrating oil. This stuff has loosened parts that PB breaker would not touch. PB is my second choice...... and is easier to find.

Comment

Working...
                      X