Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is wrong with this STUPID FREAKING DUMB BIKE!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so I monkeyed around with the push rod mechanisim and I finally got the thing to drive I did put about an hour into getting the bolts off of the intake boots and I replaced the o-rings on it. SO I iwll be driving it this week and am super happy. I guess cutting back like I have done really killed me on this one.

Thank you guys for helping me out I always appriciate it.
    Jake

Comment

Great to hear, Jake.

Keep an eye on that oil leak. Wadding a chain into the pushrod can crack the cases.

Comment

Glad you got it going.
        I use steel whool to clean off the oil glazing on the steels. Not sure of the grade.
        So the problem was with the adjustment of the clutch actuator?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          Glad you got it going.
          I use steel whool to clean off the oil glazing on the steels. Not sure of the grade.
          So the problem was with the adjustment of the clutch actuator?
          Yeah if the actuator is the one that pushes the push rod then yeah I needed to put it on the right teeth to twist on then getting it to be low enough to not get hit by the chain, then the little screw on the back of the "actuator" I had to screw it in pretty far to make the push rod touch it.

I realized that the actuator was the problem becasue when I put it farther out it would hit the chain and the bike would pull forward when I had the clutch lever in. so I moved the actuator in and the bike wouldnt move at all. so just to make sure I did everything else right I just didnt put the cover on and turned the bike on and just striat up kicked it into gear and sure enought it killed. (that was a huge motivator for me) so now I totally knew it was that stupid thing being out to far and there for keeping the push rod engaged a little. so I put it in, then screwed the screw on the back of the actuator in till I felt a little resistance from the push rod and vwala it was good. but old tabs...... so I could only ride around the block.

Comment

Working...
          X