Can I run pods with no carb changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by makr View Post
    I dont know if it is the same, but I you can have the air box off of my '82 550. I am not going to use it.
    Thanks man, but it looks like these are only found in the 83-85 GS550L's. The Dynojet kit is only for the GS550ES, which has slightly different carb specs, so maybe fate is telling me to go stock. Gonna post a WTB and if that goes nowhere grab an Ebay airbox.

Thanks for the great advice and help guys.

Comment

Don't do it. Stick with the stock box my pods (installed by PO) are nothing but problems.

Comment

If you have anything else helpful to add I sure appreciate it, but if your sole purpose is to demean newbies asking questions about their classic Suzuki, your off-topic and i'd appreciate it more if you step the hell out of my thread.
        My comment was not directed personally at you and I would not try to demean you or anyone else. If you have read some of the threads on this forum it seems like people want to cut corners and then wonder why the bike won't run properly. For example..so my bike has been sitting for 20 years, I sprayed the carbs with carb cleaner and the bike doesn't idle..whats wrong with the bike? The brake fluid in my m/c looks like coffee do I need to change it? My gas tank in full of rust and no gas comes out the petcock..what should I do?

Comment

I think what almarconi meant with his comment was...you can't assume that the person who did the work on the bike previous to you owning it did it properly or was as thurough as you might be if you were doing it. It's better to double check something and rule it out for sure, than it is to assume that it is ok and dismiss it only to come back to it later to find out you'd have saved a lot of time and possibly money if you had checked that simple thing to begin with.
          Bottom line, if you really want to be 100% sure of the work done, sometimes (not always) you have to do it yourself

Comment

Working...
          X