Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 gs 850 vacuum hose routing?

i am restoring a gs 850 79 model.i have three hoses coming from #2 #3 #4
    carbs. #3 carb is pulling vacuum #2 and #4 is not. were do they go.the airbox has a hose barb on the bottom of it,does one of these hoses go there?
    i need help.i wont to get my bike done so i can ride to the gs rally in june...

Try checking Bass Cliff's site...

This should tell you all you need to know in life...or at least for your bike

Comment

wrong carbs

the pics at his site are 80-83 carbs i have a 79 carb set.my hose that has the vacuum on it is coming from #3 not #2. and there is no vacuum barb on #1.so does any body know or have pics of a 79 setup.And were does the other hoses go?

Comment

Should be a link their? Those are the BS carbs for the VM carbs -- 2&4 hose goes up and over the airbox to vent to air. #3 vacuum goes to the petcock. Nipples on the botom of float bowls- overflow- hoses route down to the swingarm area.

Comment

what about the hose barb coming off of the bottom of the airbox,left side.
          and thanks.The link showed the 1980-83 carbs.it said the #2 carb has the vacuum hose

Comment

Originally posted by grayskull View Post
            what about the hose barb coming off of the bottom of the airbox,left side.
            and thanks.The link showed the 1980-83 carbs.it said the #2 carb has the vacuum hose
            The hose barb on the bottom of the airbox is used to connect a hose to drain off any oil or gas that may collect in the bottom of the airbox, especially when the bike is parked on the sidestand and leaning to the left. The hose drops down in front of the swingarm as I recall.

If you have '79 carbs for an 850, they are "VM" carbs (NOT constant velocity type!) and the vacuum hose from #3 connects to the vacuum port on the petcock.

SqDancerLynn1 has the hose routing for the "VM" carbs described correctly.

Tomcat

Comment

thanks for the info,hope to see some of the gs riders at the rally in june at the dragon.

Comment

where is the dragon located?
                1979 GS850G
                2004 SV650N track bike
                2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Tail of the Dragon

It is located at the Kentucky, Tennesse border and is an 11.2 mile stretch of road with over 200 curves.
                  Google and you-tube it. They give you a great idea what it is all about.
                  Well worth the trip from Ontario 2 years ago.

Comment

Wow, I was just thinking this morning that I should ride down to visit my relatives in Louisville some day. So far the only riding I've done has been in the confines of the motorcycle course I took, so I'm a long way off from such an ambitious trip, but now I have a goal to shoot for.
                    I'm in London, Ontario so it's about a 9hr drive to Louisville.

Comment

Working...
                    X