Flashing headlight/taillight, on console 1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashing headlight/taillight, on console 1150

My 1984 GS 1150 console warning lights for head and tail lights flash sporadiclly. They go on and off but the head and tail lights are fine. I had this problem since I bought the bike back in 1993. Is there anyone who can help me with some tips where to start trouble shooting. Thanks

Welcome to the site Mr Marc,

Other than a loose or corroded connection I can't really give you any helpful info. I am still new to it all & I am not familiar with your model bike. Since 1993?!? Man it's been doing it for 16 yrs?

I am sure some one will come along shortly & welcome you in & give you better advice, I just figured I would give you a bump back to the top of the list

Again, Welcome to a very informative site, you can learn a lot!! Ride safe my friend!!

Comment

Mine does it too. I think its this....

Some day I hope to find someone that will let me try theirs in my bike.
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

You can bypass the module, the plugs fit each other when the module is removed, BUT, that would be too easy.
        You have to cut the wires and match them individually, I can't remember if the colour code matches or not, its been a while.
        GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!

Hi Mr. Marc,

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Yup....the stoplight indicator on my 1100 dash turns off and on at random times...
            I haven't been able to find anything wrong...and I'm pretty handy with the electrical side of things...
            Last edited by Baatfam; 03-18-2009, 07:25 AM.
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

My suspicion on my GS1100ED

No way to prove it but I think it might be the charging system or lack of adequate charging at lower RPM.

I have occasionally see the guage lights flash (once maybe twice in a couple of seconds) and did suspect that the control module was the problem. With two different (turn signal cancellation) modules I have seen similar problems. So it might be the trurn signal gen flashing, but it is drops in voltage causing it (my guess).

With my new FH012AA I'm hoping it will go away.

Pos

Comment

Marc,

My GS1100 does it as well. I've seen other posts on the subject so we're not alone.

After a while you won't even notice it anymore. Personally I'd just ignore it, think of it as part of getting old. Your bike is just having a Senior Moment.

Comment

It seems that a lot of the1150's have this problem. I finally gave up on mine & removed the bulbs for the headlight & tailight indicators. Didn't want to, I'd much rather have everything working, but nothing I did ever helped.
                  1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
                  X