Carb swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb swap question

I have a 1980 GS850GL and was wondering if carbs from a 1980 GS750 would fit on mine? i broke one of the float towers and tried different suggestions found on this sight to fix it to no avail. (tip broke off at about the middle of the hole) not much luck finding carbs off of the same bike. any info on what other carb years would fit or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Originally posted by joedvldog View Post
    I have a 1980 GS850GL and was wondering if carbs from a 1980 GS750 would fit on mine? i broke one of the float towers and tried different suggestions found on this sight to fix it to no avail. (tip broke off at about the middle of the hole) not much luck finding carbs off of the same bike. any info on what other carb years would fit or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

From what I know for sure the 550, 650, and maybe the 750's I cant remember about the 750 tho. on the 80+ models

Comment

Check the carb sticky above if the bikes share the same carb bodies then pull all the internals of your 850 and install them on the 750 carb body.
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Originally posted by joedvldog View Post
        All the 550, 650, 750 & 850 bikes with the CV carbs use BS32SS carb bodies. So yes this swap is possible. If you use the 750 rack of carbs don't forget to swap over the jets etc from the 850 set. That is air jets, main jets, pilot jets, needle jet and slide needle.

BTW the 550 and 650 have different carb spacing so will not bolt straight up to the bigger heads, but the carb body is the same.

Comment

thanks for all the information this site is very helpful. I got the bike from my dad who bought it new in 79,only has 7200 miles on it, so i'd like to keep it going as long as i can. runs great and i get alot of compliments on it. thanks again i'll be sure to ask for help when needed
          Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2009, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X