GS1150 and 33mm Smoothbores NO FIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150 and 33mm Smoothbores NO FIT?

Any intake adaptors to fit 33mm smoothbores on a 1985 GS1150? These don't line-up; might be for a Ninja I've been told but I want to make these carbs fit! Custom made intakes??

Nope, should be a direct plug in fit. I know that Keihn CR's are adjustable in the rack spacing.Look at the rack mounting to see if there are slots to reposition each carb. I'm at work and my 1150 with 33 Mic's is at home so looking is not an option right now

Comment

If it's real close, studs can help.

Comment

Studs??? 1150's have rubber hose carb to head mounting

Comment

Just a thought, The intake boots are slightly curved and are marked L and R on the bottom side. (2 lefts and 2 rights) Are they installed in the right place and in proper orientation

Comment

What's the center-to-center spacing on the carbs? To fit the GS, they should be 77-93-77mm spacing. (Kawasaki is the same, Honda spacing is 80-100-80mm).

- Richard

Comment

CR's are adjustable on the rack so you should be able to get the spacing to match (that's if we're even talking about Keihin CR's).

Depending on what they were configured for previously you might need spigots - these are available from Sudco and they do list a spigot for the GS1150 as part # 020-051. These show as 46mm long, 36mm ID and 42mm OD. Price is around $37 each.

Sudco should be able to provide you with baseline jetting for your bike as well as this will probably be different if they were configured for another bike.

Comment

spacing

DO NOT mess with your carb boots. The 33mm smoothbores came in two different spacings; one for GS and a narrower for Kaw and Yam bikes.

You need the two spacing brackets that are available from Sudco for about $13 each. I just dealt with the same issue myself. Easy fix.

Comment

GS/GSXR oil cooled and KZ/Z1/J are the same spacing.

Comment

Working...
                  X