It's alliivee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's alliivee!

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with the carb problems of my GS400/GSX400, I now have a running bike!

The carb boot problem has been solved, with the only side effect being that it set my airbox back about 3/4". This is a problem but I'll deal with it next week. What matters is that it runs. New pilot screw O-rings and another intake boot are coming next week, and that's when I'll tune it and sync the carbs. There's no sense doing that now because the o-rings around the house I managed to find for the pilot screw don't fit right. Anyways, I took a couple videos of it:

Talking about the first startup on my 1978 GS400 with a GSX400 engine.

1978 Suzuki GS400 with a GSX400 engine Idle & rev showing the tach

It definitely needs some tuning, as when I go WOT it hesitates a little bit, but it runs a lot better than before and it idles excellently.

Edit: Also don't worry about the revving, as it was done after the bike had already warmed up. I don't do that on cold engines

sweet glad to hear you got it running man.
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Glad you got her running MrZig!! I wasn't able to give you any advice on your carb problem... but I share in your joy!! Ride safe when you get her on the road my friend!!

Comment

Nice

Looks good sounds good. keep up on her now and she won't let you down...

Comment

Another GS on the road... Be good to that bike!

Congrats.

Comment

Working...
          X