Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd tank got me 39.8mpg, all city sub-40mph speeds

Comment

On this most recent trek with the Wingers thru WV DC and beyond on my 1100ES, I averaged just about 46mpg i think it was...my WORST tank being about 37mph, two BEST tanks at JUST under 50mpg. The worst tank was doing 80-90 mph and twisties on WV33 running the tach at 7k and beyond the whole time. Most twistie carving I was still getting mid 40s, and just cruising on the Eastern Shore I was getting high 40s... That trip was around 2400 miles, so the oil was pretty much shot when i got home. when i got home i checked the plugs because i started to wonder if i was running it too lean....nice and toffee tan... The BEST tank was at 65mph on the highway...for two hours..Ive been getting about 180+ miles out of a tank before hitting reserve.. If i take it out on the curves, it goes down a bit, but i will sacrafice the MPG for SPG (Smiles per Gallon )

Comment

The best I've ever measured was 53. That was calculated from topping off a partial tank spent putting around at 40-45 mph. I normally get around 40, either around town or making time. Into a headwind on the slab I once got 35, IIRC.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
        X