Fork Seals-Need Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork Seals-Need Input

Ok, I have a 79 GS1000L(N) and it needs fork seals. Never ordered them before. Dennis Kirk has 3 types available. Standard for $10.99 a pair, Pro Leman Series (whatever that is) for about $20 bucks, and No Leak Pros for $25.99. Which should I buy? Is there a significant difference between the $11 ones and the $26 dollar ones?? Need some input from people who've changed these things. I only want to have to tear down these forks one time and one time only so this means a lot!

"Pro Leman Series" and "No Leak Pro's" sounds good!
    Wouldn't know if they are better than standard seals though.
    All I can say, is that I have used standard seals on both the GS850 and the 550, without any problems.

Comment

Hey there how ya doin.. I just picked up a set of fork seals for my bike for 12.00 And some change shipped off EBAY.. If you got to Ebay Stores
      look for PEAKSOURCE . They are the guys I bought from.. I saw they had gs 550 and 650 but didnt look at them all .. they may have what you need .. Dont click the buy it now , I bid just over the opening bid (which incidentally has no reserve) and won them and had them shipped for less than the buy now.. Hope it helps good luck

Comment

Go to the store yourself.

If you go to the store yourself you can see what you are getting. Some have seals only on the inside. Others seal both inside and out to keep the oil in and the dust out. +some have extra protecting flaps above the seal to keep even more dust out. You won't really know unless your holding them and seing how mutch better they really are.

Comment

Well nice but I would have to order any seals I get. The locals don't carry fork seals for 25 year old bikes on their shelves. Ebay seems to have everybody's seals but mine. Hence I will have to get them from somebody like Dennis Kirk. The pictures they have aren't explicit enough which is why I need the help BEFORE ordering. Just ordered a complete set of brake pads for it today and once that is done intend to start on the forks. Appreciate the replies and anybody else's 2 cents are certainly welcome on this subject. Thanks to all.

Comment

fork seals need input

Michael I recently changed my seals and bought the and bought the no leak pros and am very satisfied with them and when you see them they are a definite different style they fit well I just replaced them this year before I took it out for the season I figure with a lifetime warranty I can't go wrong I will never have to pay for seals again.

Tim

Comment

Working...
            X