• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GS1100ez View Post
    got everything adjusted last night

they were very tight
    couldnt even fit 3mm in there if i tried
    i set them all so that 4 fit in, but 5 couldnt

got everything back together
    Hopefully, it's a typo but your 1100E 16v clearance should be between .08-.12mm. If you meant between .003-.005in then you're OK.
    I always use metric so I don't mess myself up
    Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2009, 01:02 PM.

Comment

GS1100ez I sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
        Hopefully, it's a typo but your 1100E 16v clearance should be between .08-.12mm. If you meant between .003-.005in then you're OK.
        I always use metric so I don't mess myself up

yea i ment thousantds not mm

i set them all at 4=.004

Comment

GS1100EZ, did you replace those o-rings that were mentioned when you adjusted your valves?

Comment

Originally posted by maro View Post
            GS1100EZ, did you replace those o-rings that were mentioned when you adjusted your valves?

if the o rings mentioned were the ones which went under the phillips head screws at the edges of the cover then yes

it not, then no haha

put 200miles on it since i did them
            it leaks...

Comment

Look at the two inner most front head bolts. There are O-rings around them. If old and hard oil will run from the under the valve cover oil area out the front of the head.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                Look at the two inner most front head bolts. There are O-rings around them. If old and hard oil will run from the under the valve cover oil area out the front of the head.

just clarifying, not valve cover bolts, but head bolts under the valve cover?

Comment

Originally posted by GS1100ez View Post
                  just clarifying, not valve cover bolts, but head bolts under the valve cover?
                  The two front and inner HEAD bolts have o-rings on them.
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post

didnt touch them at all

Comment

Look at the two inner most front head bolts. There are O-rings around them.
                      Looks at the o-rings on the inner head bolts at the front.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                        Looks at the o-rings on the inner head bolts at the front.

PoS,

Can you point these out on the bikebandit schematic please. I'm about to order some things so mine as well get these too. http://www.bikebandit.com/suzuki-mot...m5998sch283922

Also, are there halfmoons to replace?. I thought I read that in the manual.

Comment

Working...
                        X