gs450t carbeurator adj.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs450t carbeurator adj.

Im working on a gs450t and between the carbs there is an adjustment,it is like a wheelon a shaft.what does this do,air/fuel adjuster,idle speed,what? It was turned and we dont know which way or what it does,please let me know what it does,what it is.A schematic of the carbs might help.anything would help,THANKS chris

Does it synchronize them?

If you have the carbs off the bike look at the butterflys. If you turn it and the daylite shows through one more than the other you have just un-synchronized them. Maybee its the main Idle and the lite will shine more on both sides. Turn it till the lite shuts down or looks just like the other side and presto synchronized carbs. Well almost. U still need the guages.

Comment

I'm guessing that the 450t (?) is similar to my 425L, which has a 1" dia. plastic thumbwheel in between the 2 carbs. I have learned through trial and error that this is the main idle speed adjustment. Idle mixture is controlled by small brass screws facing outward on each side of the bike.

Comment

I have the same carb. That's your idle speed adjuster.

Comment

thanks for the help guys.it does seemto be the main idle speed adjuster.we got the bike running but it is still not right . The carbs got a little gummed up from sitting all winter so we're going to have to remove them and have them cleaned.thanks again, Chris

Comment

Working...
          X