Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source for 850GLZ seat cover?

Well,
    I tried a number of searches first for this topic but couldn't find any info.

Question: I have seen a number of seat covers for GS850's but none seem to mention GLZ compatibility.

All the pictures of the seat covers look like they fit a more conventional seat, whereas the GLZ has that nasty hi-low- "here is where you are supposed to sit" design.

Anyway, has anybody gotten an after market seat cover to fit? if so where did ya get it?
    Thanks,
    Mike

I went to an upholstery shop and they used Skidoo black materal. They did a really good job for about $45.00 CDN. Which is about a buck and a half american I think....

Wingman

Comment

I just bought a seat cover from JC whitney for a gs850gl, the z means manufactured in '82 or that's the model year I can't remember which one now. Since they didn't have one listed for the 650gl I took a chance and ordered the one for the 850gl. I put it on my gs650gl seat and it fits pretty good. The price was about $45 dollors plus shipping. The covers are made by travelcade or saddlemen but they are cheaper to buy through JC Whitney, go figure.
      Hope this helps some
      Ryan

Comment

Hmmm

Thanks Ryan,
        I did look at the JC Whitney covers.
        They list the same model for the GL 550,650 and 850. The pictures are the same for all various years and models, so I figure that they just didn't want to take photos of all the seat cover variables.
        I wondered if the GL would work.
        Your seat has a high rise back right?
        Thanks,
        Mike

Comment

I just got a seat cover on Ebay for my GS400. the seller is in Torrance, CA and seems to frequently have them on there. I paid 66$ for it, which is a bit steep but it was a must have. It was not a generic seat cover, but a replica of the original upholstery to a tee. Took about an hour and a half to install and get the right fit over the foam. I remember years ago I went to a place in Jordan, MN called sportwheels (on 169, i believe, still there) and got a slip-on seat cover for an old honda for $80. maybe give that place a shot.

Comment

Yes, my seat has the high rise back and also the seat lock is accessed through a hole in the aft end of the cover. I used some really short self tapping screws to attatch the cover to the pan since most of the tabs on my seat were broke off or about to. The screws allow for a little easier repositioning of the cover if it looks as though one part may need to be pulled tighter or given more slack, they also don't seem to tear up the cover as bad. Once the cover is on you can replace the screws one by one with rivets if inclined to do so.

The pictures at JC whitney are not of each individual cover. The cover I got had the same stitching pattern as the original cover. The only differences I noticed were the word suzuki was not stamped into the back of the new cover and instead of a metal ring around the seat lock hole there was just a three layer ring of the seat cover material sewn on, also the new cover came with a drawstring around the lower perimeter to aid in attatching it which I found to be useless.
            Ryan

Comment

Working...
            X