drained a little clutch lever fluid now it doesnt work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drained a little clutch lever fluid now it doesnt work

i accidently drained some clutch fluid, note not clutch oil , but clutch lever fluid and i refilled it but it doesnt work correctly, or atleast it doesnt have the same feel to it. anyone know what it could be.

ps this isnt not a gs

Needs to be bled.

Comment

and then what?

Comment

Then it should have hydraulic pressure and it will work. You likely picked up air when you lost fluid.

Comment

the valve on the actual clutch thinger mebob is what i should remove to bleed it right? and then just pump the lever until fluid stars squirting out? or no?

Comment

I'm not sure how your setup is. You should have a bleeder valve on the slave cylinder I would think.

Comment

yea thats what im talking about, i open this valve and do what?

Comment

Bleed it the way you would bleed brakes. Replace lost fluid with brake fluid.

Comment

Originally posted by ice109
                  yea thats what im talking about, i open this valve and do what?
                  Typically when bleeding clutch cylinders(master or slave) you either depress the pedal(auto) or pull the lever(motorcycle), crack the bleed screw, let fluid out, tightend bleed screw, release pedal or lever slooooooowly then repeat 'til all air is removed. DO NOT PUMP! Now what vehicle are you inquiring about?

Comment

thank you kind folk

Comment

Working...
                    X