82 gs850gz seat pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 gs850gz seat pan

I have been searching for a seat pan or complete seat for my almost-restored 1982 GS850G and come up empty handed. I have actually paid two different vendors, who said they had what I needed, only to find out they didn't ($275 later). Does anyone know where I can get a seat pan, or have any advice about making one from...fiberglass? epoxy? whatever!!! I am desperate for a seat. My bike is almost complete and soon I will have a restored GS850G minus the seat. Any help/advice is appreciated. My original Suzuki pan is rotted around the perimiter to the point of being un-usable. Repair is on the very edge of being out of the question.

Thank you

Keep your eye on eBay, but parts are rare for that year/model. You might be able to find someone who can make up a fiberglass one using the old pan for a pattern.

The '82 GS1100G uses the same seat, if that helps. I assume you're talking about the G and not the GL - don't know much about the GL.

This one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/suzuk...QQcmdZViewItem is from an '82 1100GK. Not sure it will work, but it looks very similar, and the 1100G and 1100GK didn't have many differences besides the fairing and bags. You might be able to get the seller to make some measurements.

Good luck...

Comment

if you do a search in the appearance mods forum you'll find threads on how to make your own seat pan or fix what you have with fiberglass

all '82 and up 850g and 1100g use the same seat (but not the L models)
      some GK seats are different in the padding, but the base should be the same
      GS850GT

Comment

GS850G seat

Yes I am talking about a GS850G, not a GL. I have found out how rare this part actually is. Looks like I'll be repairing my rusted out original, or making a new one. Thanks for your input.

Samson

Comment

Working...
        X