Lost on E-bay. Still need GLZ switch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost on E-bay. Still need GLZ switch.

Well I lost The switch I wanted on E-bay. Someone else got it for $74.00. I figured I would post one more time here to see if any one else has one.

Its the left control switch for horn, signals, hibeam, and choke on my 82 GS850GLZ. The control box has 374-6 under the horn button. The harness has a 9 pin connector. (3pins, over 3pins, over 3pins). Looked at from the pins the plug is 3/4" wide and 1/2" tall. Two extra wires seprate from the plug are yellow/white stripe, and orange/red stripe.

If anyone has one of these let me know. Its worth $40.00 to me plus shiping.

Thanks again.

unfortunately, the self canceling control pod for our G's can be difficult to find.
    when mine died I ended up getting a similar but non-canceling switch cluster and re-wired it to work with the self cancel feature.

Comment

Hm.

You might want to try calling salvage yards, both local and far away, to see if they have the part.

I don't have the resources to check for sure (like access to the parts microfiches), but I believe that the GS850G/GL models and GS1100G/GL models all share the same switchgear. If you start cross-referencing (find a local Suzuki dealer with the parts microfiches or an online 'fiche and make friends with the parts-counter people), you might find that the switch is found on a bunch of different models over a number of years (which would have made sense as a cost-saving measure). There's even a slight chance that a parts department at an old enough dealership would have it in stock (though I have no idea at what price).

Good parts-counter people are worth their weight in gold. So are good salvage-yard people.

Comment

I've called far and wide.

One yard in Michigan almost had the right one, but the wires were wrong. For 40.00 I wasn't about to try to rig up the wires.

Comment

chris

im buying a parts 82 1100glz on tuesday

if the switch is on it id be happy to sell it to ya

scott

Comment

Well the local dealer had one.

The local dealer here is San Angelo had one. To order it would have been $111.99. Since it was in stock it cost me $100.00. I can't say that I feel riped off though. Its reasuring to have a brand new working and looking Switch.

if any one else is thinking about opening it up to see why something is not working Dont. Check everything else first. If you do, be sure to unscrew the circuit board with the screw under the wire bundle. If I had just checked the wires at the horn first, I wouldn't have had to do all this. After I broke the switch I tested the wires at the horn. They had power, and the horn was dead.

Comment

Working...
            X