No announcement yet.

Dead, something electrical....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear it was an easy fix. I almost always overanalyze problems, but then I usually have to wait a couple of days to start working on them. Once I start working though, I try to stick to the advise my dad gave me about working on cars; start with the cheapest thing to fix and go from there. Even if it takes a little longer sometimes, I end up doing some pm that I've been ignoring for a while.
    JP
    1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
    1992 Concours
    2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
    2007 FJR

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
      Don't take this wrong Bert, but as a relative "dummy", you "didn't know any better" and fixed your problem quickly.
      I've owned bikes pretty consistently (missing four months after a crash in 1985) for about 40 years. The degree to which I am a "dummy" is actually a little shameful. The past few years, I've gained a lot more mechanical knowledge, but it's still very rudimentary. (I've always had a good mechanic)
      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
        Good job Bert. As Brett already pointed out we tend to expect the worst when it comes to electrical gremlins on these bikes. It usually ends up being something simple.
        In my case, "simple" would be the guy working on the bike . I don't know why I thought mine was the starter relay. I should have been looking for the part I DON'T have two of in the Suzuki parts drawer .

Comment

+ 1 on search out the simplest and cheapest fixes first and move forward in terms of cost and complexity!

Comment

Glad you're back on the road, buddy...
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
            X