GS450 owners - need some info!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450 owners - need some info!

Hi again. I recently found out that my engine has an oil pressure switch, though I don't have a light for it in my instrument cluster. (1978 GS400's didnt) The lower end of my engine is the same as a GS450 so I'm asking this: Where would I find the connector for the oil pressure switch?

I'm going to install a red light somewhere near my gauges and wire it through the oil pressure switch, I just need to find where to connect it

Hi Mr. MrZig,

On my bike there seems to be a "pigtail" connector that connects the oil pressure switch to the wiring harness. It's part# 36853-45000 (new part# is 36853-45001), item #18 in the picture below.

If the connector's the same, maybe you can use it to rig something up? From what I see in the 450 wiring harness, it doesn't look like a separate part.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 04-09-2009, 04:33 PM.

Comment

hmm but where on the bike is it physically located? Does it come from under the ignition cover, or somewhere else?

Comment

Hi,

On my bike it is located on the top of the crankcase, right behind the cylinders, between the clutch housing and the starter cavity. You can see it in the picture below, under the clutch cable.

If you'd like a better picture, I can probably post one up later tonight. Let me look at a parts fiche to see if I can locate your oil pressure send unit.

BassCliff

Comment

Hi,

On the 1980 450E, item #30 is the Oil Pressure Switch, part# 37820-44100 (new part# 37820-34200). Look on the right side near the ignition cover.

It looks like it's located under the ignition cover or right case cover. Do you have the oil pressure switch there?

BassCliff
          Last edited by Guest; 04-09-2009, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Okay I believe i found it - took off the ignition cover and found what looks like the switch and a green & yellow wire coming out of it. That would explain the random green & yellow wire in the headlight area that I had no idea where it came from! Awesome, now I just got to find a way to mount up a red light.

Edit: Looking at the GS450 diagrams confirms that it uses a green & yellow wire. Perfect!

Comment

Working...
            X