whats the way to go O.E.M. OR AFTERMARKET CLUCTH PLATES 1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the way to go O.E.M. OR AFTERMARKET CLUCTH PLATES 1150

guess my 1150 is in need of a clucth, any feedback as to oem. or after market plates and springs ? cost? performance ect.

OEM for springs & disks Aftermarket disks Ok, HD springs = very stiff clutch. Check the clutch basket for wear and loose rivits

Comment

A lot of folks swear that the OEM plates are the best and give back great feel. I like the OEM plates but have had good luck with Barnett plates also. As far as springs go, if you like the way your springs feel now, go back with the stock springs (if your present clutch is stock). Lynn is correct...do a good inspection of all the componets while you have it apart and replace anything that is suspect. Look for bluing on the metal plates.

As far as price...shop around...one plate is not expensive but when you buy a set it adds up. Go the Ron Ayers for stock plates, Murdoch Racing Enterprises (MRE), Cope Racing, Ward Performance, Schnitz Racing, MTC Engineering, American Performance Enterprises (APE), to name a few.

Hap

Comment

When I replaced the clutch on my 850, I ordered my fiber plates from JC Whitney. I called JC Whitney, found out who manufactured the plates, and researched the manufacturer on the web. The rest of the parts I needed were OEM parts.

By the way, the fiber plates JC Whitney carries are made by ALTO. I went to their website and even called them. Their catalog did not specifically list my motorcycle, but after comparing specs with other GS's, I found the set I needed. So far the plates have worked very well. I would definitely recomment them.

Comment

Working...
        X