1100E owners-(82)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100E owners-(82)

Can you guys tell me what size tires these bikes have?? Looking at another one and wanted tires sizes roughly to check costs.

Thanks All
    8) Michael

3.50 19 front and 140/80 17 rear. Don't know why the different numbering - both new Metzelers.

Unrelated, I was up early and went on about an 80 mile ride before work - my office is only a mile from my house, but it was 68 degrees and sunny at 6 AM. Should've brought shoes. Spending the day at a desk and in a conference room in Alpinestar GP Techs is not the most comfortable thing I've ever experienced. Nice vent system, but I really can't walk fast enough indoors to get much airflow.
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Thanks Bert for the laugh!

And thanks for the sizes of tires as well

Comment

Originally posted by Bert Patterson
        .....Spending the day at a desk and in a conference room in Alpinestar GP Techs is not the most comfortable thing I've ever experienced. Nice vent system, but I really can't walk fast enough indoors to get much airflow.
        Bert, I must caution you against walking fast in the office: if you get a blowout in one boot, you could hit head first into a desk.........better wear your helmet at all times when not seated.

Comment

I know someone who fell from his office chair, and nearly escaped injury once

Think Simon knows him as well. :P

Comment

Just perfect bureaucrat style, just short of autistic.

The boots are getting a lot of laughs. The pilot called me sissy for having toe sliders in the office.
            "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

110/90-19 on the front and 130/90-17 on the rear. (stock sizes)

Comment

Ok, Thanks Jeff. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Tate
                  110/90-19 on the front and 130/90-17 on the rear. (stock sizes)
                  Okay, mine aren't stock. I'll admit it. But a 140 doesn't rub - you can't slide a piece of paper in there, though.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelHoward
                    I know someone who fell from his office chair, and nearly escaped injury once

Think Simon knows him as well. :P
                    Mock, if you will, Michael. My advice was extracted from the safety manual issued by the American Society of Pencil-Pushers (ASP-P). The manual further cautions against doing anything in the office with any degree of speed. Besides the risk of accidental impact, the undue expenditure of energy can result in exhaustion (both mental and physical) and, in extreme cases, sweating leading to hypothermia (aggravated by the air-conditioned environment). 8O ASP-P's best advice is to lie quietly under the protection and concealment of your desk until quitting time, which is the only time when haste may be risked. :roll:

Comment

Hee-Hee! I did not mention any names here, just that I thought you knew him

:P
                      Later.

Comment

I guess it's not a government office or you would not be allowed to do anything at any speed for fear of actually accomplishing something. There is no telling how many workers would be found to be unnecessary if you actually accomplished the jobs that they are there to do.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mdole
                          I guess it's not a government office or you would not be allowed to do anything at any speed for fear of actually accomplishing something. There is no telling how many workers would be found to be unnecessary if you actually accomplished the jobs that they are there to do.

Mike
                          Okay, the bureaucrat lawyer gets defensive now. I push no pencils and speed is not what I'm after. I'm one of those lucky people that's paid to think (I know that's scary, since I've shown very little inclination) and that's pretty much the whole of it. And the big shock is that I'm paid to think of things that will reduce the size of government and reduce spending while maintaining services. Got any ideas???

Comment

I work at a National Research Laboratory and I can't find anything about thinking in my job description so it must not be anything I am supposed to be doing.

Also from what I've seen of our legal staff, It's not in theirs either.

Mike

[/quote]

Okay, the bureaucrat lawyer gets defensive now. I push no pencils and speed is not what I'm after. I'm one of those lucky people that's paid to think (I know that's scary, since I've shown very little inclination) and that's pretty much the whole of it. And the big shock is that I'm paid to think of things that will reduce the size of government and reduce spending while maintaining services. Got any ideas???[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by Bert Patterson

...... And the big shock is that I'm paid to think of things that will reduce the size of government and reduce spending while maintaining services. Got any ideas???
                              Sorry, Bert, I am having one of my mandatory rest and recuperation periods........thinking not permitted.

Comment

Working...
                              X