Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Pipe Help! Repair/Replace 650E pipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nisom512 View Post
    are you gunna offer him the full 295 or less cause 295 seems kinda steep when you could just go and get a 4-1 from dennis kirk for around $325 and that would be bran new.

Jake
    295 is kinda steep, but i'm in Canada so $325US turns into $400CAD, before shipping... plus, it's a stock pipe that I'm looking for.

He's got my by the short'n'curlies and there's nothing i can do about it

Comment

just rechecked and the part no.s for the G and L models are the same but different to the E.

I compared my E-model rh muffler with an L-model rh muffler that i have and the only visible difference is the the bracket piece with the bolts on:

- the E model bracket is parallel with the muffler (which itself gets wider).
      - the L model bracket is angled to so that the front of it is closer to the actual muffler than the back (keeping the bracket on more of a straight line as the muffler gets wider). the bracket is also positioned maybe 1/2 inch further back.

my hypotheseseses:
      - the plate that holds the muffler to the frame (at the rear pegs) will need a new hole drilling in it to account for the repositioned bracket.
      - the difference in angle of the bracket can be minimised by use of a few washers, and should only result in the mufflers being slightly more flared out at the rear that before, but i doubt this will be noticable.

i'll find out tomorrow by how much the centre pipe differs, and will post my findings.

Comment

Working...
      X