No announcement yet.

Throttle Tube aarrgghh I broke it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The deed is done, HOLY CRAP what a difference.

Main points:
    - I got lucky and my grips were the right size. I haven't compared the stock tube to the Yamaha one yet, but I just tossed my grips on and I was good to go, so I can't comment on the 1/2" size difference.

- The Yamaha tube IS a DIRECT BOLT ON FIT to the stock setup. You will absolutely notice the difference in throttle response. If you are thinking about it, do it. Makes the bike much livelier.

- I need to get creative with my clutch cable routing and my front brake line, it sits OK, but the routing could be better and the clutch feels like the cable is binding at the handle, making it rather heavy.

- If you want to change out your bars for something sportier but not too extreme, GO WITH SUPERBIKE BARS!

- I can lean in faster, the bike feels more stable on the highway, I'm loads more comfortable. No complaints thus far, aside from the fact that I notice very clearly now that my front end needs progressive springs like yesterday.

I hope this helps out anyone who wants to try this mod out. I am very happy with it so far!

Comment

Working...
    X