Back to Fixing My 650E's Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to Fixing My 650E's Engine

After a long winter I found a good welder to take care of my broken hole.
    Long story but I am at the point of putting my clutch and all other parts from the right side of the engine back together.
    I NEED A PICTURE
    If anyone has a picture like I should have taken when I was ripping this thing down I would appreciate it. A picture of the clutch side of a E model with the clutch removed showing the shifter rod and how that is all together. Hard to explain but I am scratching my head here trying to figure this out. A picture says a thousand words they say.
    Thanks for any help
    Tom

Errr would it be the same on a G???

I can yank off my sidecover for ya and take a pic tommorrow... but not with clutch off etc, would that help at all?

Comment

just a suggestion

Have you looked at the fiche diagrams like you can find on flatout cycles and others for y(our) bike?

Comment

I have some drawings, I will see if that helps/
        Please don't take anything apart for a picture but if you have one with the clutch basket out that is what I am looking for.
        I had one last year and lost it.
        Thanks
        Tom

Comment

Comment

this is what I would want a pic of but from the clutch side. Looking for where #16 and the end of #27 go

Comment

Originally posted by rombi View Post
              I have some drawings, I will see if that helps/
              Please don't take anything apart for a picture but if you have one with the clutch basket out that is what I am looking for.
              I had one last year and lost it.
              Thanks
              Tom

If i get time tommorrow i will strip down my spare motor and take some pics for ya...

i gotta fix 2nd gear and replace the rings anyways...

Is it not in the manual at all?

I have hard copys of these...

clymer suzuki gs 650 fours.

gs650 (origional suzuki)

and gs650G katana supplement

If you dont have it i could take pics of some pages?
              Last edited by Guest; 04-14-2009, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rombi View Post
                this is what I would want a pic of but from the clutch side. Looking for where #16 and the end of #27 go
                From memory on the 1100, the roller on 16 fits into the detent on the shift drum. It's attached to the case with a screw and a spring.

27 is a seal. Do you mean 22? Maybe someone familiar with this motor can help.

Comment

Going to give it a shot tonight. I think I have all that I need to get this great bike back on the road and I hope into someone elses garage as I am looking at another bike. I will take some pictures as I go in case someone in the future needs help/

Comment

Working...
                  X