caliper rebuild kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

caliper rebuild kits

Does anyone know where I can find caliper rebuild kits for a '79 GS850. I've check the places most mentioned here but can't find anything that goes back that far.

rebuild kits

Having just ordered caliper and master cylinder kits, yes I do know where to get them. Your local friendly Suzuki dealer has them (at least for my 81) and for 2 piston sets, 1per caliper, a master cyl kit, the rubber boots for the calipers, a reservoir, and 4 screws $125~. I searched BikeBandit for the part numbers then faxed them to my Zuki dealer. Same price in either place. Bob

Comment

I've got a '79 GS850 that's waiting on the same parts. My local Suzuki dealer has them on back order, for three weeks now . The master cylinder kit was no problem, however.

Does anybody know of somebody who would actually have kits in stock, rather than just order them in?

-Morgan

Comment

If you can get the part numbers you can check on www.ronayers.com.
        They don't actually have "kits" (that I'm aware of) just the individual seals and pieces you would need.
        They are less expensive than BikeBandit and local dealers.

Comment

Hey Walker,

Did you ever get what you needed to fix those calipers? My local Suzi dealer managed to get OEM gaskets for me in under a week. An actual rebuild kit there isn't a hope in heck, but ordering the individual gaskets is no problem. Go figure.

If you need/want I can hunt down the part numbers on the invoice for you (it's around here somewhere).

The job itself was pretty quick and simple, thanks in no small part to advice given out in previous threads on the subject. (A big thank you to everyone who has ever posted to this site)

-Morgan

Comment

Working...
          X