No announcement yet.

SpitFire windscreen, who has 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just picked up one of these little windshields for my 1980 GS850G last week and really like it. I have mine resting on my headlamp, but only after first trying to get it to sit on the instrument panel..

I was worried that if I had it like that, the wind would just catch under it and flip it over. I take it that's not really a problem.

I do get some wind noise, so I'm going to give it another go and see if I can't get it to sit like BassCliff has his..

Thanks for posting those pics..

Comment

Thanks for the info, BassCliff. I'm just shy of 5'8" and about 55 lbs. lighter, so now I think I'll have to try to achieve some higher-than-city speeds to see just how much coverage I'm getting with it where it is right now. City speeds may be comfortable, but any higher and I wonder if my head will be getting bounced around like a pinball.

I noticed your instruments seem a lot more upright than mine, unless I'm seeing things, so your screen may actually be at a more acute angle than my own. I have the lower edge of the screen resting in virtually the same spot on the cluster as yours. Maybe I'll try to see if I can get it to rest right at the edge of the top securely.

Comment

Working...
      X