stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid question

ok here you go where do i find what engine code my bikes have? Where do I find them?

Thanks

OK, what bikes?

Exactly what do you mean by "engine codes"?

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Stormstyles View Post
      ok here you go where do i find what engine code my bikes have? Where do I find them?

Thanks
      Try this link.

Comment

Hi Mr. Stormstyles,

My bike (GS850GT) has an engine number on the top right side of the crankcase, behind the #4 cylinder, just where the clutch cable attaches. Then if you look on the steering stem behind the forks, you'll find the frame number and VIN. All of this information should be in your owner's manual.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Well I have bought some parts bikes and building a 750 bobber for myself. Well when I bought this other bike it is an 850. But the reason iam asking this question is because a while back as asked if i could do a 850 top end on my 750 and they said yes but only if it was a certain engine code to engine code. Now the motors are over to a friend that is building them and I want to make sure that we can do it before he gets to far into both of them. Oh and thank you all for the help already.
          thanks again
          sean

Comment

I believe the 850 'upgrade' for a 750 only works with the '79 850 blocks. One way to verify that you have a '79 850 is to measure the intake ports. I don't know the actual numbers, but the '79s had smaller ports. They were fed by 26 mm carbs, the '80 and up 850s had 32 mm carbs. The intake ports might be close to those measurements.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Also, only the 79 had contact breaker points and a kick starter
              McLoud
              '79 GS850
              `98 GSF1200 Bandit
              sigpic
              http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

awesome I do have a 79 850 with breakers and kick start plus a 77 750 that I want to use the gear box out of. Do you think this will work? When i got the 750 it was a basket case so I dont know if I can tell you much about it other than motor particulars. I do know that it had a mag rear wheel. Does that help?

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                  All of this information should be in your owner's manual.
                  BassCliff
                  Ha Ha Cliff. Original Owner's Manual with the bike after 30 years. With engine and frame numbers in it. Boy you must have been lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
                    Ha Ha Cliff. Original Owner's Manual with the bike after 30 years. With engine and frame numbers in it. Boy you must have been lucky.
                    Hi Don,

Sorry, I wasn't very clear, was I? I was referring more to the owners manuals that are available on my website. The owners manual will tell us where on the bike all of the important numbers are located. That reminds me, I should probably write these numbers down somewhere.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

awesome I will defiantly check it out thank you agian

Comment

Working...
                      X