Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol tried the edit button and that didn't work
    thanks for the info
    i've started the tear down and i'm not much for restoring, i chopped my harley and i'll prob have a go at making a cool chop out of this one (hope that doesn't offend the hardcore)
    i'll check in with progress now and again

thanks again
    jeff

Comment

Have faith

This G.S web site is the best thing for you/her... Found mine sitting out also in N.H. weather OUTSIDE with the carbs off and it took some time and a whole lot of elbow/finger grease but was and still is worth it. Prepare to get alot of wire brushes/wheels and paint.

Comment

It's my understanding that the GS425 was only produced in 1979. It only came in black and had mag wheels not the wire ones shown here. There is a boss on the right side on the engine case that has the displacement, a 425 being 2100.

thats my two cents worth
        regards
        Zeebob

Comment

Originally posted by tinbanger View Post
          a guy just gave me 450 thats been leaning against a fence post for the last 15 yrs
          i don't have a title for it, so i don't even know what year it is. anyone on here know how to figure that one out?
          thanks for the help
          jeff
          Jeff,

Welcome to GSR.

I cant help you identify the year other than to say what has already been said about SuzukiCycleOrg and the tag on the stering head. If you already know its a 450, then you will not confuse it with the 300s that were for a couple years. I might also suggest going back to this website home page (not the forum, but the main page) and look for link to the "Model Chart".

Originally posted by zeebob View Post
          .......... There is a boss on the right side on the engine case that has the displacement, a 425 being 2100.
          If its like the 650 & the 850 & the 1100 if have/had:
          - On engine case (clutch cover); the number cast there will be engine oil capacity (in ML).
          - On the cyclinder; the number cast there will be the engine displacement (in CC).
          Last edited by Redman; 04-19-2009, 07:44 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

alright i found the tag on the neck which says manufactured in 78 which i would assume means a 79 model, like one of you fellas said
            and you were right 425 not a 450
            now i need to find a service manual and wiring diagram for it
            i looked at basscliffs website but didn't see mine listed, so any info would be great
            you guys are already proving to be a wealth of info
            thanks
            jeff

Comment

I would say that maybe a lot of us may have learned something.
              Maybe the 79 425 was the first to have CV carbs, and maybe the only to have CV carbs and kick starter both.

Model Charts list 425, 425E & 425L only for year 79.

Last edited by Redman; 04-19-2009, 01:29 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Wasnt so hard to find this:

Clymer Suzuki GS400-450 Twins 1977-1987 (Chain Drive) Repair Manual
                Provides service, repair and maintenance information for 1977-1978 Suzuki GS400, 1979 Suzuki GS425, and 1980-1983, 1985-1987 Suzuki GS450 (chain Drive)models.
                Includes everything you need to perform tune-ups and routine maintenance, service the engine, clutch, transmission, fuel system, exhaust system, ignition system, steering, suspension, wheels, brakes and tires, electrical system, frame and body. Features complete wiring diagrams and 256 illustrated pages.

Comment

damn you're good at this redman
                  thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X