Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cv carb rebuild question - 82gs1100gl

Hi to all,
    I should be up and riding soon and will post results.

I just finished rebuild of the last carb and noticed the rubber plug that covers the pilot jet was not snug. I got to thinking this would not be good if a plug came off and swam around in the float bowl.
    My question is, should I put some sealant on these plugs and if so what kind considering it will be sitting in gas. I don't understand the purpose of these plugs either.

Anyway, thanks for all the help. I changed clutch, petcock and this carb rebuild at the same time. I'm looking forward to getting out this weekend if not sooner.

Thanks. Eddie V

Originally posted by eddiev View Post

I just finished rebuild of the last carb and noticed the rubber plug that covers the pilot jet was not snug. I got to thinking this would not be good if a plug came off and swam around in the float bowl.
    Order a new plug, but you can put it together and ride it until the plug arrives.
    Don't use any sealant. The plug won't fall out, it is held in place by a little post cast into the bowl.
    You can pull the bowl off and replace the plug without removing the rack of carbs, leave the bad one in an outboard carb to make it easier to replace.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Yeah, what he said!!

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        The plug won't fall out, it is held in place by a little post cast into the bowl.
        That's a relief. I didn't realize that.

Thanks a bunch. Eddie V

Comment

Working...
        X