Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimpdiggity View Post
    Oh man, I know what you mean.

I paid $1100 for my 1000G, and it was "Ready for the Road!!" The seller told me I'd have no trouble riding it from his home to my home, which would have been a two hour ride. I paid him an extra $100 to deliver it to me.

I guess "Ready for the Road!!!" meant:
    It leaks oil like a sieve.
    It's airbox is falling apart.
    It's headlight/signal switch doesn't work.
    It's carb boots were falling apart.
    It needs new tires.

I'm not really mad, because I knew I'd be spending some money on it anyways...but it definitely wasn't ready for the road at all...I've already put about $500 into it and I've got another $200 worth of parts that I need to get now that I just found out the airbox is so bad I need to get pod filters.

In retrospect, I probably wouldn't have bought this specimen...but once I get it done, I'm sure I'll be happy with it.
    Wow that sucks. but nah this thing is road ready minus the oil leakage it is really nice looking and rides great.

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
    No, I'm referring to Suzuki OEM schematics and numbers. Most websites that have schematics use OEM numbers which you can then use to order with confidence. (I think there are much better places to buy parts than Bike Bandit but that's another subject.)
    I tryed bike bandit and it was the right size so I just figure I should stick with it. espacially cause I dont remember the part number. I know maybe I can find the bag in my messy garage(cleaned it and it took 3 weeks to mess it up a gain)

Originally posted by reddirtrider View Post
    If you think the countershaft seal is leaking pull the countershaft sprocket and fire the bike up. Take a look a the seal and if it's leaking you should be able to see it.

Also note that there is a bearing inside the seal. If it's bad you will be able to move the countershaft laterally. If it's good you won't be able to do that.
    counter shaft = shift shaft?

Comment

Originally posted by nisom512 View Post
      counter shaft = shift shaft?
      No, as it output shaft. The one the sprocket sits on.

Comment

Working...
      X