stripped hole on carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stripped hole on carb

Ok went and redone my floats to the right level. got all but one of the screws back in and the last one tore the threads clean out. i was tightning them all the same this one just went south. what fix is there for this if any.
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

You could back yard it and use a longer bolt with a nut. Or install a helicoil. Use a perminate type locktite

Comment

cool, i mean it will stay in the hole but just doesnt tighten down. didnt know if having the other three tightened down would be enough to keep it from leaking.
      I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Are you talking about a float bowl screw? Use Lynn's idea. Drill it through & use a longer bolt with a nut or tap it out to a larger size or if you really want to a helicoil.

I know what I'd do... I have a big box of nuts & bolts
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

yeah thats the one that stripped. i just went out in search of a helicoil but couldnt find one small enough. going to check fastenal tomorrow
          I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Be careful tightening small bolts into aluminum. They don't require much.

I've a close friend that's 6'8" and 260 lbs and in pretty good shape. He scares me when he tightens fasteners.

Comment

Working...
            X