gs 650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 650

hey everyone some of you know that i had a 1100 but sold it and got a 03 yamaha. i gave one of my buddies a 650 shaft drive that needs some help. the problems we are facing at the moment are. some other person took the starter sylonoid off and i put it on the 1100 dint work so when went to put it back on the 650 there was 4 wires. a small white and black a red coming straight of the battery and a thicker black wire and a yellow wire. i when i hook up the red and thick black it just starter to turn it over even with the key off. i was thinking maybe the sylonoid is junk??

The thick black goes to the starter and the red goes to the battey. If they are on the solenoid (nothing else and each in it's proper place) and the starter turns over there is something wrong. The solenoid must be energized to complete this connection.

Comment

gs 650

yah that makes since cause if you touch the red and black together it just turns over. so im wondering if the sylonoid is stuck open

Comment

gs 650

any other people input would be appreciated

Comment

so did you try what reddirt said? If nothing else is connected and you touch red and black together nothing should happen cause nothing is connected...

Comment

gs 650

no because i have the wire that runs to the starter on the starter basicly its all hooked up just discounected the cylonoid. so yah i touch the battery and the starter wire and it turns that seems fine kinda like hot wireing it. but when i hook it up to the sylonoid with the key off it turns over any way i try to hook it up

Comment

ahhh ok, yeah, it sounds like you figured it out then.

Comment

Originally posted by sean doan View Post
                no because i have the wire that runs to the starter on the starter basicly its all hooked up just discounected the cylonoid. so yah i touch the battery and the starter wire and it turns that seems fine kinda like hot wireing it. but when i hook it up to the sylonoid with the key off it turns over any way i try to hook it up
                Then the solenoid contacts are welded closed OR this is a normally closed position solenoid. The later could only be true if it came from another application, which you stated it didn't.

The solenoid is bad. Break it open and give a look inside. In the meantime order another.

Comment

gs 650

sounds good yah it probaly got welded on the 1100 i had it smoking at one point in time

Comment

Working...
                  X