carb jet info, tips, suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb jet info, tips, suggestions

Hey guys im still playin with my 1980 gs1100l ive got a set of kerker megaphone 4 into 1 exhaust with baffles and pod filters now the bike is hard to start idles rough and when you hold the throttle about 2k-3k it kind of pops through the exhaust im pretty sure i need to jet the carbs now but what size do i need to go to and does anyone know actual hole size not jet size reason i ask is cause i also ordered a carb rebuild kit with new jets, mains, poilets etc and was going to just drill out the old ones i have axcess to cnc equipment to do so if i just knew what size bits to use thanks

Hi,

I can't help you with drill bit sizes, but I can point you toward some general guidelines. For CV Carb jetting, see the very informative article at Factory Pro. Also see the carb jetting tips at Motorcyclecarbs.com, Inc.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 04-17-2009, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1980gs1100l View Post
      Hey guys im still playin with my 1980 gs1100l ive got a set of kerker megaphone 4 into 1 exhaust with baffles and pod filters now the bike is hard to start idles rough and when you hold the throttle about 2k-3k it kind of pops through the exhaust im pretty sure i need to jet the carbs now but what size do i need to go to and does anyone know actual hole size not jet size reason i ask is cause i also ordered a carb rebuild kit with new jets, mains, poilets etc and was going to just drill out the old ones i have axcess to cnc equipment to do so if i just knew what size bits to use thanks
      I hear it is super hard to get the jetting right for thos CV carbs

Comment

What pods? K&N or something different?

You are probably better off getting a DJ kit. The holes you need are going to be in the range of 130's.

Dan
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Pods and a Kerker? Sounds like my setup before going big. Get a Dynojet kit and I'll help you set them up.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
          X