oil filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil filter

1981 gs 1100 does anyone know wix number for oil filter. I know there are threads but did not see.I got right filter but o-ring was wrong.I have used oem o-ring for a long time, just would like to know???

They can look it up for you at any Napa auto parts store. If your town has a traffic light, you probably have a Napa store.

PS4931 will get you the correct filter, but the o-ring is the three-lobed jobbie for the 8 valve engines.

I usually just order four or five OEM o-rings when I order Suzuki parts and change the o-ring once a year.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

This should fit your bike,comes with the gasket.

Comment

Hi Mr. tlg1100,

Other options: Fram (CH6000), Purolator (ML16800), Napa/Wix (PS24931), HiFlo Filtro (HF133), K&N (KH133), STP (rebranded Fram), EMGO (10-29800), Suzuki (16510-45040).

Personally, I've been buying HIFLO filters from Bike Bandit 10 at a time ($3.45 ea). They include both types of the O-rings. I don't change the O-rings every time. But since the included O-rings aren't quite as robust as the OEM parts, I change it every 2nd or 3rd oil change.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Avoid the fram, noticeably worse quality than OEM and the o ring they provide is not very good
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

will these filters fit an 850. i followed the wix link below and the 850 is not listed. the description seems to match what i've seen on earlier oil change

NEVERMIND. i think i found the answer on basscliff's.

Comment

Working...
            X