5/16 to 1/4 fuel line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5/16 to 1/4 fuel line?

have 5/16 on my 78 750 now, i found a universial fuel valve that is 1/4 outlet, think this will flow to little gas? for the price of this new valve i hope it works...what size lines are y`all running?

Re: 5/16 to 1/4 fuel line?

Originally posted by rick romero
    have 5/16 on my 78 750 now, i found a universial fuel valve that is 1/4 outlet, think this will flow to little gas? for the price of this new valve i hope it works...what size lines are y`all running?
    I think i have 3/16 on my bike
    ill hve to go and look tomorrow

Comment

the 1/4 inch line may be ok on a early 750 but it could be close.

Comment

i have one of those auto style glass fuel filters, with the 5/16 line it keeps the filter a little under halfway full. this is the link to the new petcock. http://www.650motorcycles.com/Petcock.html

Comment

1/4 is too small use 5/16 hose

Comment

Measure the inside diameter of the tank outlet or the carb inlet. The hose should be the same size or can be a bit larger with proper clamping. Don't put on a hose that has a smaller inside diameter.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
            X