Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pingel fuel valve

What pingel valve is everyone using?

I have seen several of them for sale not sure which one to get.

Is anyone using one of the dual line ones?

1981 GS750

Either of these, 6211-AH or 6211-CH . You will also need the adapter plate listed on their site.

Comment

Originally posted by gsryder View Post
      What pingel valve is everyone using?
      Just to be clear about this ... not everyone is using a Pingle.

Many of us are still happy with our stock, vacuum-operated automatic petcock.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yeah my stock one is working I just don't think I am getting enough fuel.
        With the Pingel it would just eliminate any doubt.
        Thanks.

Comment

Does your motor require additional fuel or is it the petcock is maybe...dirty? It has a screen on it that can become clogged.

Pingel's require you to turn them off everytime. My old Honda has this...no auto petcock...can be a pain.

Comment

Yeah my stock one is working I just don't think I am getting enough fuel.
            With the Pingel it would just eliminate any doubt.
            Not necessarily. Other things can cause a reduced fuel delivery:

1. Do you, by chance, have an in-line filter? If it's not the correct filter for a gravity-fed engine, it can restrict your fuel.

2. Have you cleaned your carbs? If you don't know for certain that they are impeccably clean, your problem might be in the carbs, not the petcock.

3. Is your tank cap venting properly? If not, it will allow fuel flow for a while, then will be restricted due to the vacuum in the tank.

You can check your stock petcock for proper operation and fuel flow rather easily before you start throwing money at it.
            True, replacing the petcock will eliminate one possibility, but check your stock one first.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

No everything is mechanically fine and clean. The petcock works properly I am just running some very very low restriction air filters and it is allowing it to drink allot of fuel.
              More air more fuel I havent got everything fine tunned yet but it will run out of fuel
              (sucking the float bowls dry) on hard acceleration through 4th gear. After it dies down it will take 20 maybe 30 seconds and sputter back up and then run fine again.
              I think I need more fuel. Plugs are way lean by the way.

Comment

Not sure of your whole setup. Just filters and header?

Try a Pingel. Could be restricted gas flow, but if running too rich of main jet, and running too lean of idle and mid circuts. Symptoms can be stumbles at WOT, but will show lean plugs. Usually first thought is need more fuel. Been there before in the day.

Another thought is float height.

Good Luck.

Comment

I like automatic fuel valves. When they work. The one on the GS has leaked like a sieve since the first day we put fuel in it. No ammount of rebuilding has helped at all. The one on my Bandit worked everynow and then. Lucky for me I had good float bowl needles and they kept the fuel level from getting to high.

I would prefer manual operation at this point the automajic vacum valve has only dissapointed me and caused numerous headaches.

Comment

There a place called wemoto.com that have fuel petcock, looks like factory one,bolts up the same, 39 bucks I think.they call it a fuel tap I think.Part search the site they are over seas, might not be worth it.Just thought I would pass it on.

Comment

No everything is mechanically fine and clean. The petcock works properly I am just running some very very low restriction air filters and it is allowing it to drink allot of fuel.
                      More air more fuel I havent got everything fine tunned yet but it will run out of fuel
                      (sucking the float bowls dry) on hard acceleration through 4th gear. After it dies down it will take 20 maybe 30 seconds and sputter back up and then run fine again.
                      I think I need more fuel. Plugs are way lean by the way.
                      A good stock petcock will flow an entire tankful in a couple minutes.
                      Enough fuel for something like 2,000 horsepower.
                      Your engine can't drink anywhere near that much.
                      Something is amiss.
                      Last edited by tkent02; 04-22-2009, 01:19 AM.
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Priced the Pingel Setup. Adapter plate and valve would be right at 100 bucks before shipping.

Comment

Working...
                        X