No announcement yet.

homemade carb sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I built a 4 tube sync rig and tried the experiment before I ran the calculations. Sometimes it's fun to just try stuff. ATF and water won't work over reasonable distances (I tried 4 feet). By the time you get done building the monstrous 4 tube apparatus, your time and money could have easily been spent on a commercially available sync tool. As far as the construction of the sync tools go, I don't think it's just the fluid. I believe there may be internal baffles to keep full manifold vacuum from acting on the fluid, thus sucking it into the engine. This is evidenced by the fact that you can move the fluid up and down the range with the adjustment screw. It works like a pressure regulator, but for vacuum.

On most things, I prefer to build it instead of buying it, but I do own a sync pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepeater View Post
      Sometimes it's fun to just try stuff. ... By the time you get done building the monstrous 4 tube apparatus, your time and money could have easily been spent on a commercially available sync tool. ... On most things, I prefer to build it instead of buying it, but I do own a sync pro.
      This is the point I keep trying to bring across, but some people keep insisting that they can do it.

I am waiting for one to finally succeed, so that I can finally say "OK, you got me on that one."

I am, however, impressed with all the different ideas that have been proposed for a home-made sync tool. Lots of ingenuity with this bunch.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
        Somewhere on here someone actually got a techie from Motion Pro to admit what the fluid was in their 4 tube setup. The blue fluid. I can't remember what it was but it was definitely something common or two common things mixed together.

Dan
        Last night's left over flat beer and bowl sanitizer...

McLoud
        '79 GS850
        `98 GSF1200 Bandit
        sigpic
        http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Working...
        X