Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Goofy Retainer

Hello,
    New to the site, VERY IMPRESSED w/ all the info!!!
    Gettin' my '80 GS850 GT out of dry dock after 7 years. I took the carbs apart to have a look see and found it was missing one of the clips that go on by the float needle. Not the flat thingy that is held by the screw. You know the thingy I am thinking of RIGHT? Bent up piece of wire, not sure of its purpose. Had a guy at the local bike shop rebuild the carbs 10 years ago, the jag off must have lost it because I wouldn't take the blame for it. So WHAT does it do? DO I need it? If so WHERE do I find one? They are BS32SS Carbs

TANKS ABUNCHES
    WI Smoke
    Last edited by Guest; 04-22-2009, 12:14 AM. Reason: I'm a dork

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. WI Smoke,

Do you see your part in this fiche from flatoutmotorcycles.com?

We have a "Parts Wanted" section in the forum. I think you'll find that we are a pretty resourceful group. I'm not sure of the name of part you need, but you might find it in the Carb Rebuild series or in the CV carb manual on my website. It's all in your mega-welcome. Let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

You'll find lots of GS850G lovin' on my website. Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 04-22-2009, 01:11 AM.

Comment

You should be fine without it

Comment

Funny you should mention this - I actually lost one when I had my carbs apart for the first time. The little piece of spring wire that holds the jet in its sleeve, right? It flicked off into the garage netherland somewhere and I have still not been able to find it. Not on any microfiche that I have seen, and I was a little worried at first. Turned out ok though because the carb kits that I purchased had a slightly different needle valve sleeve design and did not need it.

I really don't think it is absolutely nescessary, but if you feel you do need one, let me know as I have an almost complete set of carbs that I am using as a donor for my rebuild.

Comment

Working...
        X