No announcement yet.

power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wouldnt think so being that if its connected its going to pull regardless. returning on the other hand it could easily hang up

also thanks for clearing that up... maybe thats why i couldnt get the bike to tune right!!!

Comment

it's got electronic ignition right? Do those models have an atu(automatic timing unit)? Mine was hanging up and giving me fits.

Comment

Originally posted by kparkfan View Post
        yeah i plugged it. I think that me being a rookie at syncing and having some crappy gauges to do it with, that i might be a little off. does having a bad throttle cable make it have any hesitation?
        A bad sync doesn't help but from what your explaining...it still seems like a mixture issue. Too much air, is also indicated by your hanging idle though your cable could be hanging up...the return spring on the throttle shaft should be more than enough to return it to an idle.

Have you used the highest possible idle method to set the mixture screws yet? This works VERY well and as you have replaced the intake o-rings, you should have the bike ready for the final tune.

Comment

Originally posted by kparkfan View Post
          im running regular stock air filter and its new. me and steve were messing with the floats and we had to set them at about 25mm. the specs say 22.4mm but that wasnt allowing them to shut off the flow of gas. and which needle heighth are you refering to?
          Replace the float needles. Sounds like the springs are worn. This will make it a PITA to set the correct float level.

Comment

Working...
          X