1980 kz1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 kz1000

It's me again, the fellow who was looking for a 1000cc suzuki but had to settle for a kz1000. I bought a 1980 kz 1000 shaftie that's not charging and has a bad exhaust leak where the pipe joins underneath the bike. Does anybody have any experience fixing an exhaust leak here?

Also the bike has a windjammer with stereo and three vetter hard cases on the the rear. I'd like to remove these and sell/trade for parts, any idea what a fair price would be for such items?

rgds

Jim Long

1979 gs750
    1980 kz1000

There should be a gasket of some kind, where the pipes connect

Comment

Re: 1980 kz1000

Originally posted by jimlong
      It's me again, the fellow who was looking for a 1000cc suzuki but had to settle for a kz1000. I bought a 1980 kz 1000 shaftie that's not charging and has a bad exhaust leak where the pipe joins underneath the bike. Does anybody have any experience fixing an exhaust leak here?

Also the bike has a windjammer with stereo and three vetter hard cases on the the rear. I'd like to remove these and sell/trade for parts, any idea what a fair price would be for such items?

rgds

Jim Long

1979 gs750
      1980 kz1000
      Jim, is the leak a crack or is the header pipe not sealing with the muffler pipe? I had a Kerker years ago that cracked in that location and I had to get it welded up.

Hap

Comment

actually i should have mentioned that the connection between the two sections is rusted through. my question should have been is it possible to weld in a new section there?

rgds

jim long

Comment

Originally posted by jimlong
          actually i should have mentioned that the connection between the two sections is rusted through. my question should have been is it possible to weld in a new section there?

rgds

jim long
          Got to a automotive exhaust shop (one of the mom and pop shops, not one of the big national chains like Midas) and show them what you have...they might be able to help you.

Hap

Comment

Working...
          X