need some input on a carb problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some input on a carb problem

I have a gs 650 shaft drive. last year it would fire up and had a cold number 3 pipe well i gues i think number 3 its on the right side when your sitting on it second one back. i could get it to fire up and idle all day no problem when i would rev it it would rev really slow and there was no way you could even try to drive it like that as it had no power. basically what im trying to figure out if im looking at more then just a carb rebuild??

Assuming that you checked for spark, A carb rebuild is the place to start.
    You should do a valve adjustment, compression test & intake O rings while you have it apart too.
    Also check for critters in the airbox !

Comment

Hi Mr. sean doan,

I hope you remember your mega-welcome. <<Click here if you don't.

The "Top 10 Common Issues" still apply and should be addressed. These issues include, but are not limited to; clean carbs, properly adjusted valves, a sealed airbox and air intake system (possibly including new intake boots and O-rings).

Please download a manual from my website. If you're on dial-up and would rather not tie up your phone line for a week while you download a 100MB file, let me know and I can mail you a CD with lots of GS lovin' on it. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
      Last edited by Guest; 04-24-2009, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Start with the spark plug boot on #3 first to see if it has spark. If not replace the plug boot first. If it has spark there, go on to the carbs. Ray.

Comment

Working...
        X