83 GS1100G Solenoid Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 GS1100G Solenoid Question

I have replaced my starter solenoid because the bike would not start from the button (but it would start, jumping it with a screwdriver across the terminals)
    My question is I have juice from the button to the solenoid but it still will not turn over unless I jump the solenoid with a screwdriver. What am I missing, I am stumped as electrical is not my strong point. Help please. I am going to Leesburg Bike Fest in the morning and would like to ride the GS

Bad ground on the solenoid. Try running a ground to one of the mounting bolts and see if it helps.

Comment

Solenoid

Yet, another case of a good solenoid being replaced by another good solenoid. Hang onto it. Someone mentioned putting together an art exhibit using solenoids.....
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply guys. I ran another ground wire and its fixed. Well I don't feel some dumb now that I know it a common problem with the GS. The good thing is I didn't even cut the factory wire, so I put the old one back on. I'll hang on to the new one, for one of my other projects, which means I won't be donating to the art project you speak of. Once again Thanks for the help, it is very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X