plug chop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plug chop question

for the pilot screw mixture how long do you guys let it run for to achieve accurate coloring and do you let it idle or put around

bumpity bump

Comment

I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
      1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

yes i read it i just wanted opinions on if people did it that way or idled it?

Comment

oh. dont know much about plug chops. didnt know if you had seen that.
          I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
          1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

yeah i was going off of it but i have been just letting it idle and was wondering if that could cause bad results of loading of with fuel or anything so i wanted to see if it was necessary to drive it

Comment

You can idle it, but you have to idle it for quite a while, so why not just putt around the neighborhood for a while? That way you can at least get some air moving across it. Depending on how strenuous the ride is around the neighborhood, two to five minutes of putting around should give you good color.

Because the color will change so slowly on the pilot mixture, you don't have to chop the ignition and pull over to read the plugs. Just putt on home and check them in your driveway. After all, you are not going to change the reading by idling in your driveway.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

by putt you mean like under 2000 rpms?

Comment

Working...
                X