leaves me stranded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leaves me stranded

I hope someone can help me. GS1000e 79 stage III jet kit 4-1 exhaust. I took my bike apart this weekend and painted it a metalflake dark blue in which I cleaned the tank and the petcock in the process. I also switched from a yoshi slip on to a MAC megaphone without a baffle. I was running really good and then just died at about 45 mph. It would restart after about 10 mins sitting. I adjusted the idle mixture to half a turn and had a noticible rich exhaust. I turned another 1-1/2 turns. I can barely keep it running at all. Any ideas?? Also does anyone know where the fuel float hose connects to? Thanks for any help at all.

Re: leaves me stranded

Originally posted by loser1
    Also does anyone know where the fuel float hose connects to?
    You mean the vent hoses that connect to the bottom of the float bowl?

Michael

Comment

leaves me stranded

I have one hose that comes from like the underside of the tank where the fuel float(the one that tells the quanity of fuel in the tank) and the hose connects to a nipple there and goes no where.

Comment

Sounds like to me that you pinched the fuel line while putting the tank back on. The hose that your refering to is just a vent hose and goes to the bottom of the engine to breathe. Check your fuel line again and make sure that its not pinched anywhere.

Comment

leaves me stranded

The fuel line is not pinched, unfortunately.

Comment

The hose that connects to the float area just runs down near the swingarm and dosen't connect to anything.

Comment

Working...
            X