Thank you Thank you Thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Thank you Thank you

I posted a question about bying a newer gs 500 and true to form and as to be expected I got all the info I needed. While exploring the internet and c-list I found a 1980 GS 1000 L for a wonderful deal. I had my heart set on something smaller but the thoughts of not getting that GS 1000 just couldnt be passed up so once again I've been bit by the gs bug. Thank you for all of your input and assistance you folks are wonderful. Here is wishing all yall a pig pickin with good ole tater salad Brunswick stew Green beans Corn bread and some Sweet tea. Sorry left the beer years ago for living water and sweet tea... Sachsaca

Originally posted by sachsaca View Post
    I posted a question about bying a newer gs 500 and true to form and as to be expected I got all the info I needed. While exploring the internet and c-list I found a 1980 GS 1000 L for a wonderful deal. I had my heart set on something smaller but the thoughts of not getting that GS 1000 just couldnt be passed up so once again I've been bit by the gs bug. Thank you for all of your input and assistance you folks are wonderful. Here is wishing all yall a pig pickin with good ole tater salad Brunswick stew Green beans Corn bread and some Sweet tea. Sorry left the beer years ago for living water and sweet tea... Sachsaca
    I'm okay with everything but the Brunswick stew. The only time I ever tried it I didn't care for it. Looks like something that came out of the garbage disposal and the taste didn't appeal to me. I had it at a place called Sprayberry's in Newnan, GA. Alan Jackson supposedly worked there in his high school days.

Comment

Good job !! I feel you'll be very happy with the extra cc's.

Now, how about some pics of your new ride ??
      Larry D
      1980 GS450S
      1981 GS450S
      2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Cool!

What a nice message; we like posts like that! So, you've got the "GS bug".....we know it well!

I agree with Billy's assessment of Brunswick stew. I love the other stuff you mentioned but Brunswick stew seems rather odd to me.
        1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

HI Mr. sachsaca,

Come Thou fount of every blessing and tune my heart.

Be sure to get us some pictures of your "new" GS. Thanks for your kind words. But what's Brunswick stew?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

thank you

I had a gs1100 e red corbin gun fighter seat, v h 4 n2 1 and a huge stanley head light that lit up the back southern roads. watch out for deer here, we gat gobs of e'm
            as far as brunswick stew goes I cook it about 150 qts at a time. pork beef chicken lima beans corn tomatoes potatos salt pepper spices mm mm good and of course along with about 120 lbs of pork shoulders. sounds like a cook out and ride to me

Comment

Congrats on the new ride, just sorry it's an '80.

Although the rest of the bike is top-notch, that petcock is the worst thing ever put on a GS.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

about the petcock

Have any suggestions about that Not beyond putting on something new and better at all Here is the beauty of the bike my wife paid for it for me

Comment

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the family. Say hi to Uncle Jed and Granny for us. On the bright side you probably wont get swine flu eating coons and squirrels.
                  82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Have any suggestions about that Not beyond putting on something new and better at all Here is the beauty of the bike my wife paid for it for me
                    Pingel. http://www.pingelonline.com/fuel_valves.htm You just need to figure out what style you want and bolt spacing for the adapter plate.

Comment

thank you

well thank you, i'll look it up and get busy soon as i go get it home. see there you gs resources strikes again

Comment

thank you and food

Any a yall boys eat pintos with fat back and corn bread?

Comment

Yes sir, and you forgot the onion.

Comment

If it hadn't been for pintos we'd have starved to death when I was growing up. Big bowl of beans and rice and either cornbread or cracklin' bread and I'm a happy camper.

Comment

thank you and food

yes sir i did forget the onion, Well i want to thank you all. you have made me feel at home here and welcome. thats a tall order. i'll stop this post here since its for the technical area. I would like to thank you, you on this site have been of great assistance to me. Ive asked a few question over the last few months and always been met with a kind answer. This will be it for me no need to respond, just thank you, we'll do this again in another arena. Sachsaca

Comment

Working...
                              X