Dynajet needle E-CLIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynajet needle E-CLIP

Is there a trick or a tip for removal of that eclip. I want to raise it a notch, but in fear of loosing or snapping it. Thanks

Originally posted by maro View Post
    Is there a trick or a tip for removal of that eclip. I want to raise it a notch, but in fear of loosing or snapping it. Thanks
    Needle nose pliers. Grab the back of the clip and pull firmly. When you go to put it on its new notch, put the clip sitting in the notch, then push on the back of the clip with a flat surface like the workbench or something. That way it goes on, and wont go flying like it would if you tried by hand and missed...

Comment

A tip for swapping clips:

Don't stand up in the middle of the woods to change clips unless you have a whole bunch of spares. Ask me how I know?

I now do it at a table with a rag to catch any flying parts.

Also only compress the the ring clip "after" it is inside the piston. That way if it springs loose it is largely captured.

Also grind the pliers on a big piece of concrete (only apply's if doing this while camping ) .

Pos

Comment

Thanks boys. I got it! Im almost done.

Comment

Were you talking about the Eclip on the needle or the circlip that holds the slide assembly together?

Comment

The e-clip on the dynojet. I was a bit nervous just yanking it off with the pliers. But I did, and it came right off. Did have a bit of a scare when I pulled one of the main e-clips out that holds the needle and everything sprung the eff out. found everything right away. Took me about 15 minutes to find the spring.

I found it though. persistence pays off. thanks again.

That is one beauty of the Iphone, I can hop right onto the forums when I'm working on the bike

Comment

Originally posted by maro View Post
              The e-clip on the dynojet. I was a bit nervous just yanking it off with the pliers. But I did, and it came right off. Did have a bit of a scare when I pulled one of the main e-clips out that holds the needle and everything sprung the eff out. found everything right away. Took me about 15 minutes to find the spring.

I found it though. persistence pays off. thanks again.

That is one beauty of the Iphone, I can hop right onto the forums when I'm working on the bike
              The easiest way I've found is to grab the clip with needle nose pliers and the lay needle on a hard flat surface with the open end down and then push the needle flat to the surface. No yanking and virtually no way to loose the clip.

Comment

Working...
              X